Monday, August 16, 2010

Little old me

Ever since I got into school, and since then, I have had various people I do not really know telling me congrats and what an inspiration my story has been to them.
And it amazes me.
It is amazing to think that little old me, sitting here taking a break from the biochem that is not really biochem, could serve as an inspiration to anyone.
And it is awe inspiring to think that someone out there looks to me as a beacon of hope, of light....that someone looks at me and sees the possibilities.
I am in awe and speechless and dumbfounded.
So thank you.....thank you to everyone who has believed in me, thank you to those who have hoped with me, who have cried with me and thank you to those who now look to me as a source of inspiration. I promise with all my heart I will do my best and prove that this can be done.

As my t-shirt says today....
"Your impossible dream can become a reality"

Here is to my impossible dream becoming one and hoping that anyone reading this for inspiration has their impossible dream come true as well.

2 comments:

  1. I am sooooo glad that I came across your story. This blog is so awesome that i can't stop reading this. We have sooo much in common it's amazing. I am sooo inspired to go forward with a 4.5 year old and a husband and not let anything hinder my progress. I too have emerged from several obstacles in the life of my u-grad transcript. nevertheless, I rise by the grace of God. I can't wait to hear about the next part of your journey. PLEASE DON'T STOP.....WHAT HAPPENED NEXT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for telling your story! I am a mother of four. I have always wanted to be a doctor. I came from a poor family. My parents didn't even finish high school. I got married young, divorced with three kids and no education. I met a great guy, had my fourth son. Worked as a waitress for 6 years. I got my real estate license but don't care for the "sales" part of the job. I want to help people. I started nursing school a couple years ago but we had to move and I never went back. I really want to be a doctor, but I guess I always thought I was too old (31) to "start" the process. I do get good grades and I am a driven person. I will read your articles for inspiration. Now, thanks to the glimps of light you showed me, I am going to the college on Monday. Maybe I can make my dreams a reality!!! Thanks again and I look forward to reading your posts!

    ReplyDelete