Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Halfway through orientation....

A list of random things I have learned through the first few days of orientation......

1. There is a hurricane coming at me so I should be prepared
2. I am going to learn how to drink from a firehose willingly
3. If you need me I will be studying, studying or studying ;)
4. A fair number of my classmates, possibly me, will have academic difficulties during the course of the year.
5. My ID card which worked 2 weeks ago on every door at campus now no longer works on the doors but does however still let me in the front gate...very confusing.
6. I have about a month, maybe month and a half, before the geese invade and I am dogding goose poop on the sidewalk again
7. I will get to use the brand new OMM lab next year....YAY!!!
8. I will *not* get to use the brand new anatomy lab *sigh* (it too opens next year)
9. Pretty heels are not good for long days
10. Parking while garage construction is going on is going to be a pain in the behind
11. More people on campus know me than I knew did....still trying to figure out if this is a good thing or a bad thing. So much for keeping ones head down...lol.
12. Presentations really can be that long.

And the most important two........

13. There is no place I would rather be than where I am right now!!!
and
14. My classmates are some pretty cool people :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you! I was going to say something about how I could never do what you are doing...all the long hours, studying, etc...but then it dawned on me that I'm working 50-60+ hours a week myself with my business...and it's not really any trouble. I love what I'm doing so I don't mind the hard work. And that's EXACTLY what you are going to be doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, what happened next?!

    ReplyDelete